Where Creativity Meets
20 Years Of Experience

Immigrating To The United States For Employment, To Join Your Family Or To Obtain Asylum

The immigration laws in the United States are complicated and constantly evolving. But that doesn’t mean a company can’t sponsor a foreign national employee to work in the United States. Additionally, there are special concessions that allow a lawful permanent resident or a nonimmigrant visa card-holder to bring their family members to the United States. At Navarro Attorneys at Law in Miami, our founder, attorney Luis Navarro, helps immigrants secure a legal presence in the United States for themselves and their families. He also assists refugees in Florida with asylum-based immigration.

Immigration For Employment

The United States recognizes that U.S. companies and employers may wish to employ foreign nationals with special skills, knowledge and education. As a result, there are special nonimmigrant visas that will a foreign national to legally enter and work in the U.S. as long as they have a U.S. corporate or business sponsor. Attorney Navarro built his legal practice on the foundation of helping corporations with commercial litigation and business transactional legal work. His work with Fortune 500 companies naturally evolved to assisting U.S. companies with the visa process to approve prospective expatriates and foreign national employees.

Bringing Your Family To The United States

The immigration laws in the United States provide considerations for keeping families together. Whether you are a nonimmigrant expat living in the United States for employment purposes or an immigrant who would like to bring your family to live with you, there are several different options for reuniting families. For example:

  • A K1 visa allows for the fiancé of a U.S. citizen travel to the United States to get married on U.S. soil
  • A K2 visa allows for the children of the foreign national fiancé to travel with
  • A K3 visa is a temporary, nonimmigrant visa that will allow a spouse to remain in the U.S.
  • An IR-1 or a CR-1 is an immigrant visa petition that will start the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident (green card holder).

Depending on your particular circumstances, our legal team can assist you with understanding your options and facilitating the proper visa applications and immigrant petitions.

Asylum-Based Immigration For Refugees

U.S. immigration laws provide foreign nationals with an application process to obtain permission to remain in the United States when they fear persecution in their country of origin. No matter what your immigration status, you can apply for asylum at the port of entry or within one year of your arrival into the country. If you are granted asylum status as a refugee you may remain in the United States without fear of a removal proceeding or deportation. In some instances, there are special concessions made for specific countries of origin. For example, our attorney regularly assists clients who are eligible to apply for permanent lawful status or green cards under the Cuban Adjustment Act.

Do You Need An Immigration Attorney? Call Today For A Free Consultation.

Our firm offers a free, initial consultation so that we can better understand your legal situation and answer any of your questions. Email us through our website, or call us today at 305-701-5366 to schedule your free appointment today.